Schools & Groups
There's so much to explore and learn at the National Museum of Ireland - Archaeology for schools and groups.
SchoolsDig deeper into the Archaeology exhibitions and collections through a range of learning opportunities.
"I'm here with Dunshaughlin Community College, because I'm taking Art as a subject and we're studying the neolithic and the bronze age pieces..."Watch Vox Pop
The museum provides lots of resources for schools, including:
- Take a guided tour or participate in a hands-on workshop
- Tours and workshop information can be found in our Schools Programmes.
- Meet a Museum Educator
- Take a self-directed visit
- Work through teacher packs and activity sheets
- Get to grips with handling collections
- Utilise the Education Resource Room
Find out more in the Explore & Learn area.
Language School Groups
- The Museum welcomes group visits by Institutes that cater for students of English as a foreign language.
- Currently we are unable to provide guided tours for Language Schools so all visits are self-directed.
- Please note that the Group Leader is asked to remain with the group at all times and we recommend the ratio of leaders to students is 1 to 15.
- We would recommend that all group who are on self directed visit do some preparatory work in the classroom, have tasks to complete during their visit and do post visit work back it the classroom.
- Download and read our Language School Visit Policy language school policy 10.12.08.pdf (0.16 MB, Adobe PDF) before your visit.
- Make a booking