Interested In A Career In Marketing?
This unpaid internship will expose the successful candidate to all elements of the marketing mix in use within the National Museum of Ireland. This is a junior role and aimed at offering much needed marketing experience in a key cultural Irish attraction.
We are seeking preferably a graduate with computer knowledge and an understanding of marketing theory with an interest in culture and the arts. The successful candidate will be required to work a minimum of 3 months, Mon-Thurs 10am-4pm (hours negotiable). Please note that this is an UNPAID internship, however, the successful candidate will gain invaluable hands-on marketing experience and exposure to a busy marketing environment.
Start Date: 26th June 2013
If you are interested please submit a CV along with a cover letter to: email@example.com Ref Marketing Internship
Description of Internship:
Key responsibilities for the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Upkeep and management of the Marketing Mailing List
- Assisting in the production and distribution of promotional literature
- Communicating with the public and media
- Assisting in public programme promotion and management
- Assisting in the production and distribution of promotional literature, both on and off line
- Assisting in the development of press releases and social media campaigns
- Assisting in the up keep and development of NMI Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Develop marketing content for exhibitions and events
- Assisting at Exhibition Launches
- Assisting at Photocall Notices
- Assisting at Corporate Events
- Assist with front-of-house duties from time to time
- Answering & returning telephone calls and emails in a friendly, professional and efficient manner
- General office duties, including filing, photo copying, stock control of marketing collateral etc.
- Updating Calendar of Events/Listings etc.
- Assisting the Marketing Executive with projects.
Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel to include mail merge, Social media - Facebook and Twitter
**Please note, if you are in receipt of a Social Welfare payment (i.e. Job Seekers Allowance) you must have written permission from the Department of Social Protection to participate in this unpaid internship.