There is one main entrance to the museum grounds (see above map) just outside Turlough village. From this entrance it is approximately 250 metres to the car parking area. The main house and Museum galleries are located a short distance from the car park - these are signposted in the car park.
The main entrance of the house is not wheelchair accessible but wheelchair access to the house is via the gift shop.
There is one entrance to the Museum galleries, this is fully wheelchair accessible.
- There is a large car park on site, including several designated disabled parking spaces.
- Car parking at the Museum is free of charge.
- Disabled passengers may be set down and picked up at the front of the main house.
Facilities for People with Mobility Impairment
- Lifts and Access to Galleries: The Museum Galleries are set out over four floors. There is a wheelchair accessible lift at the back of the main museum galleries on Level A. This lift goes to all of the four floors in the museum galleries.
- Accessible Toilet Facilities: There are accessible toilets at each of these locations: in the Museum Galleries on level A (the entrance level, near the Information desk), and on level C (near the Education Rooms); in Turlough Park House near the gift shop, and also near the cafe.
- Mobile Stools: Mobile stools are available upon request from the reception desk.
- Wheel chairs: Wheel chairs are available from the reception desk on request.
- Seating: There are seating areas available in all galleries.
Facilities for People with Visual Impairment
- Guide and Assistance Dogs: Guide and Assistance Dogs are welcome.
- Lighting: Please note that lighting in some exhibitions is low to address conservation concerns around certain artefacts.
- Touchable Exhibits: There are touchable exhibits within the Museum. Please ask a staff member or attendant to help you locate these in the Museum.
Facilities for People with Hearing Impairment
- Induction loops: We regret that currently induction loops are not installed in the Museum.