There is one entrance to the Museum of Archaeology, off Kildare Street next door to the Government Buildings.
There are three stone steps (pictured left) and a wheelchair ramp to the main entrance level.
This entrance is level with one set of glass double doors leading into the main reception area.
- Please note there are no visitor parking facilities at the Archaeology Museum.
- The nearest public car parks are run by Q-Park Ireland and they are Q-Park Setanta on Setanta Place and Q-Park Dawson located on Schoolhouse Lane. Both are within easy walking distance of the Museum and have competitive parking rates, especially if you book online via their website www.q-park.ie.
- Alternatively, there is on-street parking (pay by meter) around Merrion Square which is a 10 minute walk away.
- There are public blue badge disabled parking spaces available on the east side of Dawson Street, the North and West side of St. Stephen's Green and Merrion Square West.
Facilities for People with Mobility Impairment
- Lifts and Access to Galleries: All ground floor galleries are accessible, however there is no lift servicing the first floor.
- Accessible Toilet Facilities: Accessible toilets are located on the ground floor, on the far side on the central rotunda.
- Mobile Stools: Mobile stools are available upon request from the Information Desk.
- Wheel chairs: Wheel chairs are available from the Reception Desk on request. Please call ahead to reserve one on +353 1 6777444.
- Seating: There is seating located outside the main entrance to the museum.
Facilities for People with Visual Impairment
- Guide and Assistance Dogs: Guide and Assistance Dogs are welcome.
- Lighting: Please note that lighting in some exhibitions is low to address conservation concerns around certain artefacts.
- Touchable Exhibits: There are touchable exhibits within the Museum. Please ask a staff member or attendant to help you locate these in the Museum.
Facilities for People with Hearing Impairment
- Induction loops: We regret that currently induction loops are not installed in the Museum.