Do you have an item that holds a special place in your heart and reminds you of Christmases past? If you do, the National Museum of Ireland – Country Life, Turlough Park, Castlebar wishes to invite you to email us photos and stories about your special Christmas object.
These stories will be assessed and those selected will have their objects included in a unique public display in the Museum during December and online at www.ouririshheritage.org
What do we want to hear?
We would like you to email us and tell us in your own words, what makes this item special to you or to a member of your family. This information is as important to us as the object itself.
Do you have toys, cards, recipes, decorations, clothing, documents, books or a present which remind you of Christmases past? Do you have a very ordinary object that has an extraordinary festive story... please let us know.
Deadline for receipt of email entries is Friday 15th November 2013
How to Enter:
Send an email to email@example.com by Friday 15 November. Include the following information:
• Name of your object/Item.
• Description of your item including size/dimensions.
• How you came to own the object; was it a present, did you buy it, if so where from? If you do not own the object, say how it came into your possession.
• In no more than 350 words describe your object’s significance to you as well as any people, events, stories or memories associated with it.
• Attach 1-2 clear digital images of your object.
• Your name, address and contact telephone number.
• All entries must be submitted by email as postal entries will not be accepted.
• Do not submit your object to the Museum – objects will be requested for inclusion in the display once the final assessment of entries is complete.
Please note: Entry of a story does not automatically ensure inclusion in the exhibition or in a digital display. The final selection of objects will be made by a panel. Final object selection will be based on a number of criteria including condition, age and an assessment of the accompanying story. The decision of the panel will be final.
Further terms and conditions of entry can be found on the Our Irish Heritage site.
Further information can be obtained from:
Bernie Byron, Marketing Executive, National Museum of Ireland – Country Life, Turlough Park, Castlebar, Co. Mayo.
Tel: 094 903 1773; Mobile: 087 798 7439; email: firstname.lastname@example.org