Explore a Viking Chest Workshop
Museum workshops using handling objects are designed to meet the needs of a range of learning styles and provide opportunities to handle high-quality objects.
Object-based learning encourages students to use and develop a range of skills including language and listening skills and critical thinking skills. Workshops also:
- Demonstrate the importance of multiple perspectives
- Develops ability for reflection and problem solving
- Encourage students to think as archaeologists, through hands-on, object-based learning.
On this workshop you can:
- Examine actual raw flint, ancient amber and amber beads
- Try replica Viking clothes, helmets and jewellery on for size
- Handle replica Viking weapons based on those found in Dublin
- Explore Viking boat building and rope making techniques
- See examples of some of the first coins ever minted in Ireland
Class Level: 1st to 6th class
Maximum: 30 per group. Duration: one hour.
- Art, Craft & Design
- English-Language/Oral/Listening Skills
Contact us to book a workshop
Download a copy of our Schools Calender