Viking Ireland Tour
All groups who are coming to the Museum must book their visit with the Bookings Office.
On this tour you can:
- Explore an exciting range of objects from the excavations of Viking Dublin
- Trace the dramatic history of the Vikings in Ireland and their impact on Irish society
- See actual examples of Scandinavian boat building techniques with our fishing boat
- Examine the remains of a Viking warriors grave found in Dublin
- Discover a different side of Viking life with ancient game-boards, toys and ice-skates
- See merchants weighing scales and the first coins ever minted in Ireland!
- Look at our model of Viking Dublin and the inside of a Viking house
Key Curriculum Strands
Maximum 30 per group. Duration 50 minutes.
Tours and workshops should be booked at least two weeks in advance, via the Bookings Office.
Want to explore Viking Ireland on your own with your class?
We recommend that you structure your visit and ask the students to complete some tasks while looking at the exhibits.
Discover what your students can see by exploring online Viking Ireland.
Why not try our worksheets?
Don't forget to bring your pencils!
We are continually improving and adding to our online resourses.
Are you looking for more information about Viking and other archaeological artefacts?
Take a look around: