Most are databased or in the process of being catalogued. Please click here to contact our curators with any questions or requests for access.
- A collection of 97 watercolours by George Victor Du Noyer (1817-1869) produced by him for Ordnance Survey Ireland
- A drawing from about 1588 of a giant deer antler set found in Co. Meath on lands of Adam Loftus.
- Microscopes and other equipment used by former staff who worked on the museum collections.
- Colour drawings, monochrome prints, print blocks used in former museum exhibitions or publications.
- Croke, F. 1995. (ed.) George Victor Du Noyer (1817-1869). Hidden Landscapes. National Gallery of Ireland, Dublin.
- Monaghan, N.T. 1996. From grave to cradle, the changing fortunes of the giant Irish deer. In Nudds, J.R. and Pettitt, C.W. (eds) Value and valuation of natural science collections: 144-148 Geological Society, London.
- Monaghan, N.T. 2001. Irish palaeontological illustrations of the nineteenth century. In: Rushton (ed.) Proceedings of the systematics and biological collections conference, Belfast, August 1996, Linnean Society Occasional Publications 3: 83-91. Westbury Academic and Scientific Publishing, Otley, West Yorkshire.
- Monaghan, N.T. 2017. The scientific illustrations of George Victor Du Noyer. In: Murray, P. (ed.) Stones, slabs and seascapes: George Victor Du Noyer’s images of Ireland: 26-33. Crawford Art Gallery, Cork.
- Monaghan, N.T. and Sides, E. 1995. Of fossils and fish: the palaeontological and zoological illustrations of George Victor Du Noyer. In: Fionnuala Croke (ed.) George Victor Du Noyer (1817-1869). Hidden Landscapes. National Gallery of Ireland, pages 74-84.
- Murray, P. (ed.) Stones, slabs and seascapes: George Victor Du Noyer’s images of Ireland. Crawford Art Gallery, Cork.
- Parkes, M.A. 2021. George Victor Du Noyer’s large format paintings: Nineteenth-century lecture slides. In: Clary, R.M., Rosenberg, G.D., and Evans, D.C. (eds) The evolution of paleontological art. Geological Society of America Memoir 218: 1–8, https://doi.org/10.1130/2021.1218(12).