Due to social distancing guidelines, we are reviewing our planned events to ensure the safety of all of visitors. Please do check back here for any updates for events at each of our Museum sites.
The health and safety of our visitors and staff is of paramount importance to us and as such, we are re-opening the National Museum of Ireland on a phased basis.
The NMI - Decorative Arts & History at Collins Barracks, Dublin 7, and the NMI - Country Life at Turlough Park, Castlebar, Co. Mayo, has been open to visitors from 29 June.
On Monday, 20 July, we will re-open NMI - Archaeology at Kildare Street, Dublin 2, and NMI - Natural History at Merrion Street, Dublin 2.
To find out more about visiting the Museum safely as we re-open please see further details here.
As each of our Museum sites begin to re-open and welcome you back, we still have many ways to engage online. Check out our top five tips for engaging with the Museum at home!
1. Engage with the Museum’s collection at home with our Museum at Home resources, tailored for the collection at the National Museum of Ireland – Natural History
2. Visit our Engage & Learn pages for ideas and activities you can download at home
- Engage and Learn Natural History
- The learning resources developed by the Natural History education team will allow you and your children to stay focused and engaged, while they gain skills and learn something new. The “My Favourite Animal” activity sheet asks your home learner to describe and then sketch their favourite animal. “Zoo in my garden” introduces the topic of biodiversity to home students. Take a virtual tour of the Natural History Museum here.
3. Take a virtual tour of our Natural History Museum
4. Explore some of the Museum’s online exhibitions and projects
- Reflections on Resilience
- 100 Objects
- Historical Collections
- Roll of Honour 1916
- Explore our Easter Week Collection
- Proclaiming a Republic: The 1916 Rising
5. Did we mention stay in touch! Check out each of our social media channels for updates on the Museum
Stay safe and stay connected
+353 1 677 7444