Join Museum educators for an onsite guided tour of key objects from the Museum's Collection
This tour for Transition year students explores 10,000 years of Irish history where students will find out more about life in Ireland from the Stone Age to Early Medieval Ireland and see some of Ireland's most iconic treasures at the Museum. Throughout the tour students we get the opportunity to engage with the Museum’s teaching collection and get to discover even more about these incredible objects.
This tour for Transition year students is fully accessible and will take place in the Prehistoric Ireland, Ór, and Treasury exhibitions.
Guided Tour at a glance
Level: Transition Year
Format: Facilitated onsite tour
Duration: 45-50 minutes
Capacity: 30 students max
Availability: Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Tour slots available up to June
Times: 10am, 11:30am, and 1pm
Booking: To enquire about this free onsite guided tour for your class please complete this enquiry form.
- Teaching methods and approaches
Study visits and field trips
- Learn about the material culture of people from Stone Age Ireland, Bronze Age Ireland, Iron Age Ireland and Early Medieval Ireland
- Explore the various raw materials used to construct objects, how objects were made and how these changed over time
- Take a closer look at the type of people who made and used these objects; why they made them, how they sourced the raw materials and the socieities in which they lived
- Gain a greater insight into the religion and beliefs of past people in Ireland