Learn about Lúnasa customs! Find out about the harvest home, the last sheaf and make your own harvest knots through a mixture of online, video and facilitated sessions.
Activity at a GlanceLevel: Junior Cycle and Transition Year
Group Size: To be negotiated
Location: Virtual Session
Duration: 60 mins
10min Q & A
Availability: September 2021
Times: 10am to 11am or 11.30am to 12.30pm
Booking: Booking required
Make a Booking:
To book this workshop and to find out available dates contact the Booking and Information Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discuss festivals in general; identify the reasons why harvest knots were made.
- Know the time of year they were produced, recognize the material used to make them and see the different styles of the knots
- Learn how to make a Compass Plait Harvest Knot and receive appropriate guidance leading to a completed project
- Discuss their own work and the work of their classmate.
- Discuss what the students will do with their completed knot
- Review the content of the workshop
Watch short video of how to make a harvest knot here
When you book the event we will get materials to your school
*Materials: Straw required (needs to be soaked for 2hrs), string, ribbon.