Join members of the Education Team to find out about Lúgnasa customs and traditions and make your own Harvest Knot.
Activity at a GlanceLevel: Junior Cycle and Transition Year
Group Size: Class size
Duration: 60 mins
10min Q & A
Availability: Tuesday 26th & Wednesday 27th September 2023
Times: 10am to 11am or 11.30am to 12.30pm
Booking: Booking required
Make a Booking:
To book this event, contact the bookings and information office
- Discuss festivals in general; identify the reasons why harvest knots were made.
- Know the time of year they were produced, recognize the material used to make them and see the different styles of the knots
- Learn how to make a Compass Plait Harvest Knot and receive appropriate guidance leading to a completed project
- Discuss their own work and the work of their classmate.
- Discuss what the students will do with their completed knot
- Review the content of the workshop