We offer a range of resources for schools which you can use at the museum, at home or in the classroom
Primary and Post Primary Learning Resource
- This learning resource will help you explore the first two floors of the Museum, Levels A & B. The main themes covered are: Aran Island clothing, the Irish Folklife collection, Romance & Reality, Continuity & Change, the Times, the Natural Environment, Housing and Materials.
- The teacher's notes give additional background information and answers to Student Workbook 1.
Object Fact Sheets
Click on the factsheet link available in Irish and English.
There is a handling table full of interesting objects for you to touch when you visit the National Museum of Ireland – Country Life. Find out all about these objects by reading the fact sheets below.
Others in the series
- Cailleach/ Last Sheaf
- Dolly Peg
- Head Ring
- Hen's Nest
- Horse Collar
- Rush Basket
- Sad Iron
- Strawboys Hat
General Activity Sheets
Make and Do....
- Click on the image for instructions of how to make St. Bridget's Crosses & St. Patrick's Badge. To learn more about these festivals click here
Discover Ireland's Past through English for students of the English Language:
Find Out About....
- Click on the worksheet images on how we celebrated, the work people did, what we wore in the past. Also information on straw, hay & rushes and the house building project.
Preserving the Peace Learning Resources
Exhibition Information Panels:
Introduction (1023KB, Adobe .pdf)
- An Garda Síochána (939KB, Adobe .pdf)
- Crime (1.2MB, Adobe .pdf)
- Michael John Carney (2MB, Adobe .pdf)
- Peace Preservation Force (1.3MB, Adobe .pdf)
- Poitín (1MB, Adobe .pdf)
- Policing in the late 1700s (810KB, Adobe .pdf)
- Punishment in Victorian Ireland (622KB, Adobe .pdf)
- Royal Irish Constabulary (RIC) (1.5MB, Adobe .pdf)
- Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC) (992KB, Adobe .pdf)